Despite the release of a total of N516.38billion to the states in the first tranche with another N243.7 billion in the second, most states still owe their workers up to seven months in arrears. President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday directed the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, to facilitate release of 50 per cent from the balance of the first tranche of Paris Club refund to the 36 state governors.
The President said the governors must use the amount, to clear all outstanding workers’ salaries before Christmas. Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha, who gave the indication, said the directive followed resolution reached between Buhari and the governors on the Paris Club refund during a meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Okorocha told State House correspondents that the President had already instructed the Central Bank governor, Godwin Emefiele, and the Minister of Economic Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma, to liaise with Adeosun and negotiate with the governors on the figure from the refund.
Latest from lawrence nippysky
- Christiano Ronaldo wins his 5th balon D'or award
- Checkout the most beautiful girl in the world.
- Facebook Bans Female post against Men.
- Bobrisky's gateman said he has not been paid for 6 months and Bobrisky took the money given to him from Mc Galaxy.
- Rochas Okorocha's Sister reveals why she was appointed Commissioner of Happiness.