Following the multiple sexual harassment and abuse scandals across the globe, Facebook has been suspending women for “hate speech” against men after posting variations of the phrase “men are scum”.
Despite Facebook’s chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg warning of a potential backlash against women as scandals rock companies and political institutions, the social network continues to ban women speaking out against men as a group.
New York-based standup comic Marcia Belsky was banned in October for 30 days from Facebook for posting “men are scum” as a comment on her friend Nicole Silverberg’s photo album detailing the abuse Silverberg had received after writing a list of ways men can treat women better on Twitter.
Facebook says that threats and hate speech directed towards a protected group violate its community standards and therefore are removed. The social network told the Daily Beast that “men are scum” was a threat and therefore should be removed.
Facebook said that it is working hard to remedy harassment issues, and has repeatedly stated that it wants the social network to be a safe and respectful space for all. After footage of shootings, murders, rapes and assaults were streamed live on the site, Facebook said it was adding 3,000 extra moderators to its staff and that it would refine its moderation policies.
Latest from lawrence nippysky
- Christiano Ronaldo wins his 5th balon D'or award
- Checkout the most beautiful girl in the world.
- Bobrisky's gateman said he has not been paid for 6 months and Bobrisky took the money given to him from Mc Galaxy.
- Rochas Okorocha's Sister reveals why she was appointed Commissioner of Happiness.
- WTF: See after surgery photos of 19Yr old girl who wants to look like Angelina Jolie